Pesticide Application Safety & Training
UF/IFAS Extension has assumed the educational responsibilities for the licensing of pesticide applicators in Florida, as regulated by the Florida Pesticide Law (Chapter 487) and the Florida Structural Pest Control Law (Chapter 482). The Extension Agents in St. Lucie County provide training opportunities for prospective Certified Pesticide Applicators and administer the licensing exams under guidelines established by FDACS, Bureau of Compliance Monitoring, Pesticide Certification Section. Training sessions are offered periodically for the General Certification Standards (CORE), Private Applicator, Aquatic, Natural Areas Weed Control, Ornamental & Turf, and Ag Tree Crop categories.
of Florida / IFAS - St. Lucie County Cooperative Extension will be
proctoring pesticide licensing exams on the first and third Wednesdays
of the month beginning at 1 p.m. Walk-ins will be directed to
the next available exam date. Test takers must have a government
issued id. Cell phones, pda’s and personal calculators will
not be permitted in the examination room.
- St. Lucie County Pesticide Training Opportunities
- Statewide Training/CEU Opportunities
- Certified Pesticide Applicator Program
Pesticide applicators that purchase or supervise the application of Restricted Use Pesticides must have a pesticide applicator license issued by the FDACS Bureau of Compliance Monitoring/Pesticide Certification Section.
- Turf and Ornamental Pesticide Applicators
There are four separate categories for persons who professionally apply pesticides to lawns and ornamentals in Florida. These include the Ornamental & Turf category, Lawn & Ornamental Pest Control and two Limited Certification categories.
- What Pesticide License Do You Need?
- UF/IFAS Pesticide Information Office
- EDIS Pesticide Regulations & Safety Publications
- Pesticide Labels & MSDS
- IFAS Extension Bookstore Pesticide Certification Training Manuals
- The Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Protecting Water Resources from Agricultural Pesticides