Urban Horticulture meets the needs of clientele in two areas: Homeowners and Youth.
The homeowner program relies heavily on Master Gardener Volunteers who provide individualized assistance in the care of house plants, landscapes and vegetables including insect and disease control. Regular plant clinic hours are held at the Extension Office. Youth programs in horticulture include school beautification projects, square foot vegetable gardens, butterfly gardening, and school enrichment programs. Many of these activities are supported by the Master Gardeners.
Low Maintenance Landscapes
Mistakes in Landscape Planting
- The top 5 common Mistakes in Landscape Plantings
Learn how to prepare for cold weather. More....
Educating the public in environmentally sensitive
horticulture practices to preserve the uniqueness of the Florida landscape.
- Pests of Tropical Fruits
- Statewide Pesticide Training Courses for CEUs
- National School IPM Information Source
- Featured Creatures -
Information on: insects, nematodes, arachnids and other Florida critters
- FAWN - Florida Automated Weather Network
- Master Gardener Program
- Florida Yards & Neighborhoods
- FloridaYards.org - Florida Friendly Landscaping
- Electronic Data Information Source (EDIS)
- American Orchid Society
- Florida Native Plant Society
- Florida Online Composting Center
- Downtown Ft. Pierce Farmers Market
- Disaster Information
- WPSL Radio AM1590