St Lucie County Fertilizer Ordinance
In accordance with Ordinance 11-001A, the requirements for renewing and obtaining a St. Lucie County Local Business Tax Receipt for commercial fertilizer application will change.
All commercial applicators of fertilizer within the unincorporated area of St Lucie County shall abide by and successfully complete training and continuing education requirements of “Florida-Friendly Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources by the Green Industries” offered by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection through the University of Florida IFAS Florida-Friendly Landscapes™ program prior to obtaining a St. Lucie County Local Business Tax Receipt for any category of occupation which may apply any fertilizer to turf and/or landscape plants. Current holders of Business Tax Receipts for Commercial Fertilizer Applicator shall provide proof of completion of the program to the St Lucie County Tax Collector office prior to July 1, 2014.
After December 31 2013 all commercial applicators of fertilizer within the unincorporated area of St Lucie County shall have and carry in their possession at all times when applying fertilizer, evidence of certification by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services as a Limited Urban Commercial Fertilizer Applicator per 5E-14.117(18), Florida Administrative Code.
About the Fertilizer Ordinance
- Fertilizers Found Locally
- Application for Limited Certification for Urban Commercial Fertilizer
- Training for Florida-Friendly Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources by the Green Industries
- St Lucie County Fertilizer Ordinance 2014-3
- Keep Yards Green and St Lucie Waters Clean
- St Lucie County Fertilizer Ordinance Summary
- City of Port St Lucie Ferilizer Ordinance
- City of Fort Pierce Fertilizer Ordinance